1. Grapes: remove from stems, wash, and put in serving-size containers.
2. Hard Boiled Eggs: boil 6-8 for the week and store individually for take-alongs or all in one container for at-home snacks.
3. Salads: chop lettuce in containers and add meat and vegetables such as olives, pickles, mushrooms, tomatoes, shredded cheese, shredded chicken, tuna salad, or taco meat. Drizzle your favorite dressing over top and lunch is ready. (I usually only prep 2 or 3 days worth of salad at a time. I prep all the toppings though for easy round-2 salad assembly mid-week.
4. Soup: vegetable beef is one of our favorites and I make a batch on Sunday and put in individual containers.
5. Cooked Chicken: put some chicken in the slow cooker Saturday or Sunday. Shred the chicken and its ready for salads and main dishes.
6. Chips: Usually chips don't go in the fridge but I didn't want us to forget them in Monday lunches. Bypass the individual bags and use washable containers and divide up the big bag of chips. This also helps prevent eating half the bag in one sitting!
7. Granola Bar Bites: homemade granola bars cut into bite-sized squares for a great snack on-the-go.
8. Watermelon: cut off the rind, cube, and portion into containers. (Make sure to use containers with really good seals so the juice doesn't leak out.)
(String cheese and apples are also great things to have in your refrigerator for healthy snacks.)