2 cups fruit (blueberries, strawberries, strawberry/rhubarb)(If using frozen, thaw and drain first)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white
1 cup flour (any type/combination will work)
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1. In a medium bowl, combine fruit with cornstarch and applesauce. Toss to coat.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish or pie plate. (You can also line the dish with foil if you plan on cutting these into bars for serving.)
3. In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, and baking soda. Stir with a fork until combined.
4. Beat in egg white. Stir in flour. Stir in oats.
5. Set aside 1/2 cup of the oat mixture. Press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until crust is starting to brown on the edges.
6. Spread the fruit mixture over the partially baked crust. Crumble the reserved 1/2 cup oat mixture over the top of the fruit mixture.
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. (If you lined the pan with foil, lift out and cut.)